14 June 2023
The psychological Horror Game Unholy Confirmed for July Release. Steam Demo Available Today
Don your mask and experience HOOK’s terrifying stealth horror exploration title ahead of the official release.
Milan, Italy. – 14th June 2023 – HOOK, the indie label of global video game publisher Digital Bros, and Polish developer Duality Games are thrilled to announce that Unholy, the new first-person psychological horror experience will launch on 20th July for PC. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X versions will follow later.
Horror fans have the opportunity to get hands-on with Unholy as a playable demo is now live on Steam. The Unholy demo will also be promoted in the upcoming Steam Next Fest from 19-26 June opening up the horrors facing the protagonist Dorothea, as she traverses two parallel worlds in her search to uncover the truth surrounding the disappearance of her son.
Check out the release date trailer for Unholy here
Unholy follows the disappearance of a young child from a run-down, unwelcoming post-soviet town. Using exploration, puzzle solving and intriguing combat mechanics, players will traverse between reality and a twisted Unholy world to unveil the terrifying truth.
Features of Unholy
- Two parallel worlds to explore. The grey and cold reality of a brutalist post-soviet Eastern European town and the creepy and twisted world of Unholy, a grotesque society ruled by a relentless priest caste.
- An intense psychological horror experience driven by a deep, dark narrative storyline played out with captivating visuals based on the works of reputed dark artist Tomasz Strzałkowski (Duality Games Art director and founder).
- A unique gameplay blend that combines meticulous exploration, intriguing puzzle solving, infiltration and stealth with intriguing shooting dynamics.
- An intriguing combat system. Use four different emotions: anger, shock, sadness and desire to interact with the environment (destroy obstacles, trigger mechanisms, overload circuits, illuminate your way) or to confuse, lure or damage your opponents.
- Masks! Everybody in the unholy world hides behind a mask and it can be the difference between life or death. Build your own mask to get new skills and improve your abilities or wear other masks to infiltrate, confuse your enemies and impersonate your opponents.
Unholy will be published for PC on 20th July withthe PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X versions following later.